Udara / Agbalumo
African apple known as Udara in Igbo language and Agbalumo in Yoruba language
As many people know, the benefits of vitamin C include protection against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease and even ageing of the skin. The Agbalumo is a wonderful source of vitamin C, and with 25 mg of vitamin C per 100 gram of fruit
- Its high fibre content provides food bulk which both increases satiety and aids digestion so it is very ideal for weight watchers.
- It has a surprisingly decent amount of Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C). Clearly, Vitamin C sources are not exclusive to the citrus fruits family- in fact, Guava has much more!
- Recently published researches done here in Nigeria about Udara/Agbalumo leaves carried out on rats showed two possible medicinal uses:
- It could serve as a natural source of Anti-Oxidant booster to remove free radicals from oxidative stress disorders, and
- Its leaf extract contains Hypoglycemic (to treat Diabetes) and Anti-Platelet activities, although it also had toxic effects on some organs
Latest posts by Okoye Gift (see all)
- FG reacts as Ghana Immigration Deports 723 Nigerians - February 23, 2019
- Arctic 3-in-1 Mini Air Conditioner Review: USB Air Conditioner for Home and Office Use - February 20, 2019
- Many Nigerians Arrested As Ghana Immigration Begins Crackdown On Illegal Immigrants - February 19, 2019
Recieve Free Email Updates!
Subscribe to get new updates instantly delivered to your inbox. Select the specific category you want to recieve updates on and enter your email address below.
*A confirmation message will be sent to you, login to your e-mail account and click on the confirmation link to start enjoying this service.
Get the latest news on your Android mobile, Download our Android App
- April 22, 2018
- May 10, 2017