NIGERIA – Just for the ease of some you who are yet to be acquainted with latest Airtel data subscription table. Here is a jumpstart to start enjoying the new data plans.
It is not often that someone tells you (with full assurance) what to do, but in this post we are looking to advice you on what plan is best for your mobile, smartphone, tablet or PC device. In our next edition we will talk about the complete table for Blackberry data subscription. Meanwhile, you can also take a look at the best practice for Airtel me2u services in case you need to transfer airtime from another Airtel SIM or click here to recharge your SIM card online.
Mobile Phone: If you accessing the internet through a mobile phone browser, subscribe to any of the following plans: Entry, Daily, 3-day, Weekly, Easy, 786-plan, Lite or Midi plans
Smartphone & Tablets: With Tecno taking over the Nigeria smartphone market, every folk within the country can boast of having a smartphone. However, it is one thing to own a smartphone and another thing to subscribe to a feasible plan. For smartphone users, It is highly recommended to subscribe to any of the Android data plans. However, any of Smartphone1, Smartphone2, Plus or Max plans will work just fine on your smartphone or tablet.
If you have the Opera browser installed on your mobile, smartphone or tablet, you can also use the Opera Mini Bundle for only
N300 per month.
Dongles/MiFi/Routers: If you just purchased a Dongle or USB Modem as we generally call it and need to start using it on your PC/Mac or Router. Depending on the scale of the task at hand, you can choose from any of the following plan: Smartphone1, Smartphone2, Plus, Max, Premium or Prime plans (See how to unlock your USB Modem and make it universal). The Blackberry Unlimited data plan also works on Dongles, though charges and experience may vary.
Also Read: How to Borrow Extra Credit from Airtel
Bloggers & Developers: If you are a blogger or web developer, it is best to go with the Prime plan, but if you have a very restricted budget, you might consider going with: Day, Night Time or Weekend plans which are suited for subscribers who require data use for specific purposes and consume such data quickly.
|Plan||Data Allowance (NORMAL)||Data Allowance (CURRENT)||Retail Price (N)||(Data RCV, EPIN & ERC) Denomination||Validity period||USSD Activation Code||SMS Activation Code||MAMO Activation Code||Prepaid||Postpaid|
|Easy||80 MB||120MB||500||499||14 days||*141*11*3#||Easy||14151||√||x|
|Top-Up||100 MB||100 MB||600||–||–||–||–||–||–||√|
|786 plan||125 MB||125 MB||786||–||30 days||*141*11*786#||786||14194||√||x|
|Midi||250 MB||325MB||1,300||–||30 days||*141*11*5#||Midi||14153||√||x|
|Smart phone 2||1GB||1.3GB||3,000||2,999||30 days||*141*11*7#||Smart2||14156||√||√|
|Night Time (Off Peak)||3GB||3.9GB||2,500||–||30 days||*141*12*4#||night||–||√||x|
|To Check Data Usage||–||–||–||*141*11*0#||status||√||√|
- To subscribe for a data bundle plan via USSD, dial the associated string e.g. *141*11*4# to activate the Lite plan
- To subscribe for a data bundle plan vis SMS, send the associated SMS keyword to 141 e.g. lite to 141
- To subscribe for a data bundle plan via MAMO, dial the associated string e.g. 14150 to activate
- Postpaid plans can be activated by contacting an Airtel staff (called a KAM) or by walking into any Airtel retail shop for directions on the associated modalities
Bonus – Airtel Users can Access Facebook without Internet
How does it Work?
- Just dial the USSD code – *688# to subscribe to any of the monthly, weekly and daily packages. With this service, customers can carry out the following activities from their mobile devices:
- Update Facebook status messages
- View, like and comment on posts
- Post on friends’ walls
- Find/add friends
- Confirm friend requests
- View notifications
- View and send messages
To Deactivate Service
- Daily subscription – N5
- Weekly subscription – N25
- Monthly subscription – N100
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- Recharge your MTN Airtime Anytime Directly from your Bank Account - December 25, 2016
- MTN DND: Stop Unwanted SMS from your Network Provider - December 25, 2016
- MTN Tariff Plans – Latest Compilation of MTN Tariff Plans and Activation Code - July 5, 2016