Engineering firm Wood Group Kenny is currently recruiting for a Lead Pipeline Engineer on a rotational basis located at their offices in Lagos, Nigeria.
Job role is independently accountable for staff and support arm of the Wood Group Dover (Lagos) Office.
Responsible for design, specification and services related to piping systems and piping layout including piping material selection, piping material line classes, standard and specialty piping components, pressure, weight and thermal analysis of pipeline systems, vibration analysis and pipeline support systems.
With Local autonomy, establishes and maintains the technical standards within the discipline. Sets strategic and tactical direction with regard to policy/procedures, work force staffing, and budgeting. Participates in decisions regarding the acquisition and execution of engineering and/or Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) contracts, and supporting business acquisitions & preparation of technical proposals. This is a management level position with full responsibility for hiring decisions, staffing levels, budgets, salary administration, and career development of assigned personnel within an engineering discipline. May supervise several subordinate supervisors or team leaders, including discipline lead engineers on EPC projects.
A broad range of Pipeline Engineering skills particularly in the oil and gas processing industry in both the onshore and offshore environment. Well versed with national/international standards.
Be able to create results and a local organization in line with corporate vision, through sharing of engineering knowledge within the region and creation of the engineering people of the future in the African Region
Good English spoken & written and clear communicator
Excellent presentation skills:
- Good Interviewing Techniques and Skills
- Team Player
- Excellent Coaching and Mentoring
- Sharing Lessons Learned between Regional Projects
- Local Negotiation and problem Solving
- Focused Drive
- Emotional Intelligence (Culturally Adept)
- Trusted Influence
- Systems Thinking
- Willing to Travel (Africa)
- No Visa Restrictions
- 15-20+ years’ experience in engineering (onshore and offshore projects)
- Performing a similar role in the past an advantage and involved in developing of engineering offices from inception.
- Knowledge of WGPSN/WG Management Systems
- Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer (advantage) with associated undergraduate Degree in Engineering.
How To Apply
- Please quote job reference IRC in all correspondence relating to this position.
- Internal applicants must discuss their application with their line manager prior to applying.
- Online applications only – no email applications
You can submit your application online via this page
. You can also access several other engineering job opportunities at Rigjobs