The leading Nigerian petroleum company is inviting all Nigerian qualified accountant (e.g. RA, CPA, ACCA) with accounting, financial, economics and/or business administration qualification to have a share in the country’s national cake.
The said qualification holders will have an equal chance to work in the Business Integrity Department (BID) of Shell as an investigation case manager.
The Business Integrity Department (BID) is a specialist unit within Shell Internal Audit that is responsible for managing the Shell Global Helpline and Code of Conduct Compliance Incident Reporting. BID investigates allegations of fraud and other alleged Code of Conduct violations. It also provides expertise in the area of fraud prevention and detection including training and reputational due diligence.
Shell is looking to recruit an experienced Investigation Case Manager. The purpose of this position is to typically conduct investigations of a higher complexity level with minimum support and coaching required, manage cases and support others in the department in conducting cases, preferably working from Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- The role’s primary objective is to support and conduct investigations into potential breaches of the Code of Conduct, company policy and the law to maximize success and minimize liability and to effectively facilitate management decision-making including consequence management. Investigations may involve, but are not limited to, fraud, theft, bribery and corruption, conflict of interest, anti-trust and may involve employees, contract employees, vendors/suppliers and others.
- The role’s secondary objective is to identify internal control weaknesses and quantifying any possible losses, as well as utilising forensic data analytic tools to identify relevant indicators.
- You are a Qualified accountant (e.g. RA, CPA, ACCA) with accounting, financial, economics and/or business administration qualification,
- An experienced investigator with previous substantial law enforcement experience in conducting investigations into fraud or financial crime or forensic accountant with a university degree (Bachelors but ideally a Masters) in accounting/Finance or law with a minimum of ten years’ experience.
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to provide Civil/Criminal testimony regarding your work product, familiarity with electronic data systems and data collection, unquestioned honesty and integrity, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a high level of objectivity.
- Experience in conducting data analytics would be a major advantage. Accounting/Legal, Contracting & Procurement, Finance, IT or project management skills and experience within a major corporate would also be an advantage.
- Must be able to self-manage the case load and pick up more senior stakeholder engagements.
- Position description
- The individual must be able to conduct, i.e. plan and execute, investigations into possible violations of the Code of Conduct, company policy and relevant laws.
- The individual should be able to identify accounting and internal control weaknesses, and determine the quantum of potential and actual loss.
- The individual should have detailed knowledge of accounting records and systems and a working knowledge of forensic data interrogation techniques.
- The individual should be able to maintain strict confidentiality, independence and standards of professionalism in the conduct and management of investigations.
- The role requires conducting witness and subject interviews, the collection, preservation and analysis of evidence (digital and hard copy) to appropriate court standards, as well as an understanding of criminal and civil law.
- The individual will be required to prepare detailed written reports subject to third party review (civil and/or criminal) and testify as required in legal proceedings.
- The individual should also be able to effectively manage whistleblowers, maintaining the strictest confidence.
- The individual should possess excellent interpersonal skills and will be required to build effective relationships with stakeholders.
- The role requires the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with other departments within Shell at various levels of management.
- The individual must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and be able to work with minimum supervision, but should also be able to integrate effectively into a team environment, participate actively in delivering departmental goals and demonstrate strong collaborative and co-operative skills.
- The individual must be able to liaise effectively and maintain a network of contacts with the relevant law enforcement and criminal justice bodies.
- The individual will also be required to interact effectively with and in some cases, manage third party contractors, forensic accounting firms and forensic IT contractors.
- The individual will be required to respond to company emergency situations, which may include the requirement to travel at short notice. The role requires travel of up to approximately 40% although this is variable depending on demand to conduct and/or assist with investigations relating to Shell businesses located in the Africa Region and other countries as required.
- The individual will also be expected to participate in various audit activities as needed
How to Apply
Applicant are expected to apply through the job section of Shell website. Simply click here and hit the Apply button on the resulting page.
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- Recharge your MTN Airtime Anytime Directly from your Bank Account - December 25, 2016
- MTN DND: Stop Unwanted SMS from your Network Provider - December 25, 2016
- MTN Tariff Plans – Latest Compilation of MTN Tariff Plans and Activation Code - July 5, 2016